If you are interested in a custom-made bespoke house portrait, here is a quick guide to how it works:
- I am sent an initial enquiry. This should include a photograph or an address of the building(s) in question. I need to know roughly what you have in mind and whether you would like a drawing or a papercut. If you are working to a deadline* or have a maximum budget, please also let me know.
- I send you an indication of the price and how long this should take. Commissions for drawings start at €150 and for papercuts at €200. The size, medium and building(s) in question will determine the final price and this can be higher or lower depending on the specifics.
- If you are happy with the quote, I like to meet in person for a full consultation. If this is not possible, we can do this by e-mail or skype. Here, we can discuss the finer details. This is also your opportunity to add personal or quirky details that will make the piece truly unique. Once this is clear, I can adjust the price accordingly. After the consultation you are sent a final quote.
- Once we go ahead with the commission, I take a 50% deposit.
- I make an initial (very rough) sketch and send it to you. This part is very important as once approved and I begin work, there is little room for correction as I work with materials that I cannot erase, rub out or edit.
- Once approved, I start the piece and before you know it, your building has been immortalised into a unique and precious piece of art.
*sometimes I am very busy with multiple projects or you might have left your gift buying a little late – fear not – I also offer a voucher, which you can give as a gift the receiver can cash in for a house portrait of their choice.
**if you like my work and would like it for commercial or marketing purposes, please get in touch and i will let you know my business packages.
As always, if you have any questions or queries, please do not hesitate to get in touch. No project is too big or too small.